Sunday, 19 June 2011
Tuesday, 3 May 2011
You really have two options here:
No.1 the easy option, look for a weight gain shake that has these ingredients AT LEAST!
- Whey protein concentrate or better still whey protein isolate!
- Carbs in the form of maltodextrin
- Creatine at least 3g per scoop (maltodextrin will increase the effects of creatine when taken together)
- Glutamine at least 3g per scoop
- Maybe BCAA's
This option has the best convenience out of the two, however you need to find a shake that has only the bare minimum ingredients in it. And also at certain times of the day it might not be so good to have this shake, altho it is a pretty alround shake the maltodextrin can spike your insulin levels and sometimes you want sustained energy such as pre workout or first thing in the morning, but you could prepare the shake in a mixer cup and pour over a wholegrain/wholewheat breakfast cereal for extra calories and sustained energy*.
No.2 is the more expensive option, buy all the ingredients above separate, and add them in together, you can also buy powdered oats to substitute for the matodextrin when you want a sustained energy hit!
What are these ingredients?:
- Whey isolate is a purer form of protein meaning you get more protein per gram.
- Whey concentrate you get less protein per gram but you will more of the amino acid profile and good fats. (you cant go wrong with either)
- Creatine, enters muscle cells and gives them sustained energy when doing short bursts of activity such as weight lifting which helps to build muscle tissue faster, it also draws water into the muscle cell increasing its volume.
- Maltodextrin is considered a complex carb but is of the glucose(sugar) family therefore will provide calories and the insulin spike needed for optimum uptake of nutrients which is Key post workout.
- Glutamine can aid in recovery and help you get back into the gym training the same muscle groups without DOMS even sooner!
Thats it for todays tip. hope it made sense. for more info don't forget I have some helpful videos on youtube just click here: Christophela.
Monday, 2 May 2011
What you really should be asking your self is, 'do I really want massive muscles or do I just want to gain lean muscle and look ripped up'?
Looking ripped up gives the illusion of having huge muscles. FACT!
The secret to building bigger muscles is not to pile on pound after pound, but to lose more fat whilst maintaining a nutrious Protein rich low GI Diet (thats no simple carbs). You will also need to implement a progressive workout routine with heavy weights.
This may go against what other people might tell you. You have probably heard that eating huge amounts of food and huge amounts of calories, and gaining fat is un avoidable if you want to gain muscle......well this is rubbish.
As long as you are fueling your body with high protein and complex carbs your body will build the muscle whilst keeping your waistline trim.....This ultimately means you will look bigger MUCH faster, you will have that ripped up look that so many people desire.
Please try it out! when your lifting heavy weights your muscles will sustain micro-tears, after your workout you will refuel your body with high protein and complex carbs so that your body can utilise these for energy when repairing, complex carbs in small amounts (per meal) will give your body sustained energy and the high protein will keep your bodys ability to repair and build tissue high! There is no need for higher calorie food sources such as greasy burgers or pizzas, or oversized meals.
Ulitmately as long as your body stays anabolic (by this i mean has a source of energy to call on i.e. digested food) you do not need to eat calories that are going to give you higher amounts of fat!
Your body will repair, your body will grow and you will look your best all year round!
I have told this to a handful of people now a month down the line they all agreed it works, Its more motivating, its healthier and you will look great in the mirror.
Stay tuned for more Info!!!!
Tuesday, 19 April 2011
So please if you want my next video to be targeted towards something you want take the simple survey now. Thanks guys, Chris
Saturday, 13 June 2009
1. Caffeine, Tea, coffee or caffeine supplements they can all be used as a fat loss aid, If you consume some strong coffee or tea before a workout it will increase your workouts fat burning effects by up to 3 times, I explain how in detail on my website: http://myfitnessgoals.co.uk/caffine.aspx
2. High intensity interval training (HIIT), This is a cardio activity in which a person will, do a medium-fast paced walk for 5mins, then sprint or do a fast paced run for 2mins then back to the walk for 5 mins and so on. Now this is good at burning fat because it keeps your heart rate changing, unlike jogging for 40 mins where your body will adapt to the intensity and will actually start to conserve some energy (fat) stores.
Also Using HIIT, during the slow paced phase your body can effectively start to break down fat stores and release them into the blood stream, so once the fast paced exercise starts the fat stores already broken down are Burnt quickly. If you were to start running fast right away the body wouldn't have as much time to break down fat and would use alternatives for fuel. So it is during the slow paced phase that the fat is broken down ready to be used as fuel, and the fast pace that burns this fuel, Hence a more effective fat burning workout!
I have plenty more tips, such as which vitamins and minerals can help you burn more fat and which fruits to eat before a workout for a fat loss boost! stay tuned :p